1. Alec Baldwin is a controling, manipulative asshole. I don’t care how many ways he tries to rationalize his actions, or how hard he tries to blame his behavior on other people, he’s still a controling, manipulative asshole. And to think, he’s the “normal” Baldwin!
2. Camille Paglia is an ass. I’m sorry, but blaming women for some nut job killing a bunch of people is really beyond the pale. And the way she goes about it is really kind of special. See, women are either having too much sex with men, or they aren’t having enough sex with men. Either way, it’s all our fault if a man goes on a psychotic shooting spree. (Via Echidne of the Snakes)
3. Not having insurance sucks. I’ve been there. Not having enough money to go to the doctor or buy meds even when you have insurance sucks. But, this takes the cake. I nearly swallowed my tongue when I saw how much Twisty’s meds cost. And her insurance won’t pay for them, so she has to cover the entire cost herself. I’m sure that’s only a fraction of what she’s had to shell out for daring to have cancer, but thankfully, she’s been able to afford it. Lots of Americans cannot, and if they are diagnosed with cancer, they will die from it, for lack of treatment.
Can someone please explain to me why this is a better system than socialized medicine?
4. On a lighter note, how a dog wags her tail is an indication of her state of mind. Miss Brown is displaying a right-pointing proto-kidney bean. Which means she’s very, very happy.
6. Peekaboo, little Earth. For some reason, I have had Kate Bush on my mind today.
Go to sleep, little Earth